Giving a voice to people without one
HandySpeech 5.1 is here!
New Price: $2.99
The HandySpeech app is appropriate for individuals who have a speech disorder resulting from a vocal fold pathology (i.e., affecting the larynx). This includes individuals with oral and laryngeal cancers, motor speech disorders affecting the larynx and oral structures such as apraxia of speech, and patients who are placed on vocal rest due to recent surgery to treat vocal nodules or overuse of their voice. This app could also be useful for individuals with ALS and muscular dystrophy as long as they have enough motor control to write. This app will help to reduce the frustration and helplessness associated with the inability to talk.
"We are so blessed to have this technology and that Eric developed the wonderful app!
My husband really likes the app and hopefully get many years of use out of it. Thank you for developing it!
I can now have a conversation with my best friend!"
"Typing takes two hands, a great deal of physical dexterity and specific skills not everyone has. Handwriting is more universal, which is what makes this technology stand out."
New SLP App – HandySpeech™ by Tom Kloiber
- Users write what they want to say in any one of 13 languages and the software converts the handwriting into speech.
- Handwriting-to-speech application makes conversation a reality for people with speech difficulties
- The only handwriting-to-speech application for mobile devices, it provides a unique opportunity for people with disabilities to be able to communicate.
- Assistive speech technology application that supplements or replaces speech for people with spoken language difficulties
- Quick and casual conversation tool
- Assistive Speech Technology
- Easy to use, intuitive interface, portable
- It remembers you favorite and frequently used phrases for use at the store, doctor's office, on the phone ("I am using assistive device - please be patient") - even quicker ability to say something.
- Best natural-sounding male and female voices on the market based on award-winning Nuance voice technologies
- 13 languages!
- Advance handwriting recognition technology
- Correction based on context - corrects written words based on user's intention;
- Learns user handwriting style - improves ability to recognize user's handwriting over time;
- Cursive, print and mixed writing style can be used;
- Dictionary for unusual and rare words;
- Can be used anywhere - even if no internet connection is available. Android version requires either WiFi or Cell data internet connection.
- Write Anywhere on the screen feature
- Shorthand: you can use build-in or custom (user created) abbreviations that you can write in to be replaced by the text
- Date: current date;
- Time: current time;
- DT: current date-time;
- Support: HandySpeech support;
- Standard text commands: Copy, Paste, Cut, Undo, Redo
- Alternative keyboard input